RG146 for the Superannuation industry
Considered a pre-requisite for most superannuation industry careers, our RG146 courses provide participants with a qualification that meets the ASIC RG 146 requirements to provide general advice in superannuation1. SCS delivers both the full RG146 General Advice in Superannuation qualification along with a RG146 Refresher (Superannuation) qualification for those that have previously obtained a RG146 qualification.
SCS is able to deliver nationally recognised training for the provision of general advice in superannuation through our Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32151).
1 Please note that the course provides the knowledge/skills to provide general advice, however you must be authorised under an AFSL in order to provide general advice.
Why choose SCS?
SCS’s RG146 qualifications provides you with:
- Up to date content, including recent legislative changes
- Qualified trainers with practical experience in the industry
- Support and guidance from course commencement to successful completion from trainers and assessors
- Practical application of general advice through the inclusion of general advice role play or written general advice scenario
- Knowledge and skills to be able to provide general advice
- Is nationally recognised, with Statement of Attainment and Certificate of Completion
Our courses cover 13 subject areas including:
- Financial services industry & the Australian economy
- Regulation of the industry
- The differences between factual information, general & personal advice
- Who looks after super
- Superannuation money flows
- Social security & age pension
- Retirement planning
Units of competency
Upon completion of either the full or refresher RG146 course the following four units of competency from the FNS Financial Services Training Package will be awarded:
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- FNSINC402 Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
- FNSSUP508 Provide effective information to members
- FNSFMK505 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
Both the full and refresher course the assessment is comprised of a number of different assessment methods:
- Multiple choice questions (online)
- Short answer questions (online)
- Case studies (online)
- Face-to-face/Phone-based role play or written scenario
Students will have 12 months to complete all assessments with access to qualified trainers for individual guidance and coaching throughout the course as appropriate.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points are able to be allocated towards RG146 Generic, Superannuation and relevant RSE competencies.
RG146 General Advice in Superannuation – 24 structured CPD points
RG146 Refresher (Superannuation) – 12 structured CPD points
|RG146 Full course||RG146 Refresher|
|Face to face workshop||4 day workshop
$1,750 GST exempt
|1 day workshop
|Tutorial||5 x 2 hour tutorial sessions
$1,350 GST exempt
|Distance (online)||$800 GST exempt||$650 +GST|
Group discounts may apply, please contact us for more details.
SCS’s Refund Policy can be accessed here.
“I recently completed SCS’s RG146 Refresher and found it to be much more comprehensive than a course I had done with another provider previously. I was also impressed with how up-to-date the content was as the course covered all the current issues impacting the industry.”